- Which of your data we process
Website visitors: In the course of your visit of this website, we will automatically collect the following information:
- the selected page on our website (URL);
- date and the time of your visit of this website;
- your IP address;
- name and version of your web browser;
- the website (URL) you have visited before you accessed this website; and
- certain cookies (see point 2 below).
In case someone else uses the “tell a friend” feature on our website, or you send us a request via email we will process your name and email address.
Donors: We collect personal data in course of your donation from you directly (first name, last name, email address, mailing address, donor password, company name, phone number, payment information, country of residence, photograph, Permanent Account Number (PAN card) or any government identity card when you provide us with your personal data by donating to Project Nanhi Kali or when you register for our campaigns, events, and/or programs or when you renew your Nanhi Kali sponsorship or when you gift a Nanhi Kali sponsorship. All the proceeds from our campaigns, events and/or programs are used to educate hundreds of underprivileged girls across India.
There is no obligation to provide your data that we ask you for. However, if you do not provide your personal data, you will not be able to make use of all the functions of this website or donate.
Most of the cookies used on this website are session cookies. They are automatically deleted once you leave the website. On the other hand, persistent cookies remain on your computer until you delete them in your browser. We use persistent cookies to recognize you when you visit this website the next time.
If you want to control the cookies installed on your computer, you can modify your browser settings so that it notifies you when a website wants to install a cookie or you can block cookies altogether. You can also delete cookies that have already been installed on your computer. Refer to the 'Help' function within your browser for more information on how to do these things.
Please note, however, that disabling cookies might affect your online experience and/or prevent you from taking full advantage of the website as some cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You may set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
- Purpose for which we process your data
We will process your personal data set out in point 1 for the following purposes:
- to make this website and its services available to you and to further optimize and develop this website
- to create website usage statistics
- to verify your identity
- to communicate with you
- to confirm incoming donations
- to respond to queries or requests submitted by you
- to process any payment(s) made by you
- to provide you with relevant information regarding our programs and campaigns that you have expressly chosen to receive (e.g., newsletters)
- to upload your photograph, video footage and quotes taken from you with your consent during the Proud Fathers For Daughters Campaign photoshoot on Project Nanhi Kali’s social media accounts
- to review and respond to your feedback, comments, or other information you submit on the website or via email
- to ensure that your donation is used for the support of Nanhi Kali.
- to provide you with the profile of your Nanhi Kali along with her photograph and regular updates on her academic progress
- to be able to recognize, prevent and investigate attacks of this website
- to protect our rights and legitimate interests
- to comply with obligations to public authorities
- Legal basis of the processing
We process your personal data provided by you either
(i) on the basis of our prevailing legitimate interest to achieve the purposes set out above; or
(ii) on the basis of the necessity for the performance of the contract we have concluded with you or to take steps at your request prior to entering into such an agreement; or
(iii) on the basis of the necessity to comply with legal obligations to which we are subject; or
(iv) on a voluntary basis for one or more of the specified purpose(s) set out above and in respect of which you have not indicated to us that you do not consent to the use of your personal data
If we process your data on the basis of your consent, we will ask for your consent in a separate process.
- Transfer of your personal data
As far as this is necessary for the purposes set out above, we will transfer your personal data to the following recipients:
- Naandi Foundation, 502, Trendset Towers, Road No 2, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad 500 034, Telangana, India.
- Service provider(s) that we may use to support us on the functionalities and performance of the website as well as for the reasons consistent with the purposes for which information (including personal data) was collected and/or other purposes as per applicable law. This may include administrative, operations, and payment operators, IT service providers. Please note that when you are re-directed to the payment gateway for your donation, please be sure to review any linked policies provided during payment processing as they will apply to you.
- Public authorities (e.g., tax authorities, regulatory and other government agencies, law enforcement agencies, competent authorities) or third parties as required by applicable law.
We may also share your personal data where you have provided your consent to us for sharing or transferring your personal data. We only transfer your personal data to recipients that have an adequate level of data protection by implementing appropriate technical and organizational security measures, or we take measures to ensure that all recipients provide an adequate level of data protection as prescribed by applicable law.
- Security of your personal data
We are strongly committed to protecting your privacy and the security of your personal data. Accordingly, we implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect personal data and other information that is processed by us.
While we endeavour to always protect our systems, websites, operations and information against unauthorized access, use, modification, and disclosure, due to the inherent nature of the internet, we cannot guarantee that any information, during transmission or while stored on our systems, will be absolutely safe and secure from intrusion by others.
You too have an important role in protecting your personal data. You should not share your donor id, password or other authentication data provided to you with anyone. If you have any reason to believe that your donor id or password has been compromised, please contact us as detailed below.
- Retention period
We will retain your personal data for as long as we reasonably consider it necessary for achieving the purposes set out under Point 3 above and as is permissible under applicable law. We will, in any case, retain your personal data for as long as there are statutory retention obligations or potential legal claims are not yet time-barred.
- Your rights in connection with your personal data
We respect your right to access and control your personal data, and we will respond to your requests for information and, where applicable, will correct, amend, or delete your personal data. In such cases, we will need you to respond with proof of your identity before you can exercise these rights.
Please note that applicable law might require that we cannot comply with every request. We will be required to keep your personal data due to statutory retention requirements despite your request for erasure.
Under applicable law, you have, among others, the rights (under the conditions set out in applicable law):
(i) to check whether and what kind of personal data we hold about you and to request copies of such data
(ii) to request the correction, completion, updation, or erasure of your personal data that is inaccurate or processed in non-compliance with applicable requirements
(iii) to request us to restrict the processing of your personal data
(iv) in certain circumstances, to object for legitimate reasons to the processing of your personal data or to revoke consent previously granted for the processing where such revocation does not affect the lawfulness of the processing until the revocation. If you have consented to our processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, free of charge.
(v) to request data portability
(vi) to know the identities of third parties to which your personal data are transferred
(vii) to readily available means of grievance redressal,
(viii) to lodge a complaint with the competent authority, and
(ix) to nominate any individual who shall in the event of death or physical or mental incapacity exercise your rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If you are no longer interested in receiving any correspondence from us, please e-mail your request to us at [email protected]
- Contact details
Please address your requests, concerns, complaints, or questions concerning the processing of your personal data to:
K.C. Mahindra Education Trust
Cecil Court, Near Regal Cinema,
Mahakavi Bhushan Marg,
Email id: [email protected]